Lets make India better
President: Col J N Pandey
1. An individual consumer complains that he has received his bill late and feels he should get more time to pay :
Ÿ The District Executive Engineer [XEN(D)] may, if he is satisfied that there are special reasons for doing so, extend the due date of payment upto FIVE clear days (Form IA).
No Late Payment Surcharge (LPSC) will be charged for the extended
period. The Assistant Finance
Officer (Distribution) [AFO(D)] will confirm from EDP's final correction list
(Journal Entries) that the extension of due date has been noted.
All or many of the bills of any District or part thereof have been
received late from EDP; or it comes to notice that they have been delivered late
Ÿ XEN(D) will extend the due date (Form IA). While doing so, he will as far as possible, allow the consumers a period of FIVE clear days to make their payments within the same month.
Ÿ While giving such an extension in Form IA, XEN(D) will ensure that the area to which it is made applicable is always the area covered by one or more complete meter books.
Ÿ AFO(D) will confirm from EDP that the extension of due date has been noted.
If a consumer has not received a bill, or has lost his bill :
clerk at the duplicate bills counter
Ÿ The clerk at the duplicate bills counter will issue a duplicate bill manually free of charge on the basis of the computer generated ledger.
Ÿ If the consumer desires to get the due date extended after getting the duplicate bill, he may approach XEN(D) for action as in (1) above.
Ÿ If the clerk is unable to issue a duplicate bill for any reason (e.g. ledger gone for binding etc.)
a) The consumer may fill out Form IB and leave it with the clerk at the duplicate bills counter.
b) The clerk will be responsible to keep a bundle of all such requisitions received in Form IB. He will prepare a duplicate bill as soon as possible thereafter, EITHER THE SAME DAY OR THE FOLLOWING WORKING DAY.
c) If necessary, he will, with the approval of AFO(D), extend the due date on this bill in such a manner as to allow a minimum of FIVE days for payment from the date of preparation of the bill. (It may be noted that this case of inability to issue a duplicate bill is the only case in which anyone below the level of XEN may extend the due date).
Superintendent (Billing) will arrange for home delivery of such a
duplicate bill ON THE SAME DAY OR THE FOLLOWING DAY.
A new consumer has not received his first bill within 75 days of
energisation of his connection or, in the case of monthly billing (11KW or
above) within 45 days:
Ÿ The consumer should contact the Meter Reading Superintendent (MSR). He should
a) preferably, bring the receipt of his consumption deposit (security); or
b) give the K. No. of his connection, which can be noted from the meter; if it has not been painted on the meter, he may give the K. No. of any adjacent connection to help the MSR locate his case.
· If MSR finds from the meter book that the meter has been read, he will show the consumer the reading and advise him to await his bill with the next billing cycle.
· If the meter installation report has not been received, MSR will obtain it from the Zone; he will bring any delay or difficulty to the notice of XEN(D).
· MSR will ensure posting of the meter particulars, subsequent reading and delivery of the first bill in the next billing cycle.
· If the new meter has yet to be read by DVB, but the consumer has read it and brings the reading, the consumers reading will be accepted and AFO(D) will issue a manual bill ON THE SAME DAY.
· The MSR will record this as the first reading, inserting a meter reading sheet for the purpose, if necessary. (However, if the MSR has reason to doubt the correctness of the reading, he may obtain the orders of the Assistant Finance Officer (D) [AFO(D)]; he should, as far as possible, do this on the spot in the presence of the consumer.)
· If the consumer does not get a correct computerized bill in the next billing cycle, he should bring it to the notice of the Executive Engineer (Public Grievances), Shakti Bhawan, Nehru Place, New Delhi-19; FAX- 6410941
Lets unite to gear up the Govt machinery
Address : Parivartan, 5B, Navkala Apartments, 14, I P Extension, Patparganj, New Delhi - 92
Tel : 2727430
E-mail Address : firstname.lastname@example.org